Betty Baird and Beatrice Baird Scholarship Fund (SOE)
Recipient must be full time at UWL and enrolled in the School of Education with a major in Physical Education Teacher Education;
Recipient must be in good academic standing with a GPA of at least 3.0
Recipient must be student teaching when the scholarship is paid, so must apply in the spring prior to their student teaching semester
Financial need shall be considered
Applicants must provide faculty references who will be asked to complete a survey with the following questions:
* What is your relationship to the applicant?
* How long have you known the applicant?
* Rate the applicant’s academic ability & knowledge of subject matter in your class
* Rate the applicant’s character and motivation
* Rate the applicant’s potential for making future contributions to society
School of Education
Baird References: Provide the names of two faculty members who can be contacted to provide a reference for you. You must get prior approval from the faculty member. The scholarship system will automatically send an email to your reference provider.